Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Arcade Fire Le Deuxieme

So good friend Innes hooked me up w/ a copy of "Funeral" outside Norris Theater after a wonderful lecture given by Gary Rydstrom, 7-time Academy Award winning sound designer of films like T2, Saving Private Ryan, Titanic, etc. Put it in on the way to set. Big guitars. Really love "Une Annee Sans Lumiere". (The Arcade Fire: French Canadian? Oui? Non?) Will let it marinate for a few days before deciding whether or not to check them out, though several reputable music buffs including lil' Chung went to see them over the weekend and enjoyed it a lot. Maybe I should just go: it's been like forever since I last played grabass with randoms. I think the last time I molested someone was during the 1st intermission of "A View From the Bridge" at the Met. She was cute. She was nice. She was 70.

Got a long night ahead of me: got to edit the footage I shot last week. I cut some of it yesterday, but it's rough. Speaking of rough, I've been wearing sandals nearly every day since moving out here and LA being so damn dry the heels of my feet are brittle as all fuck! I should lube them when I get out of the shower. I should start wearing sneakers/shoes again but I hate how wet my lil' piggies get, especially without any socks on.

Love
Alex

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger robyn said...

Your be-sandled feet have been intriguing me this past week. Don't you get cold? Alright, here's what you do: before you go to bed, smear your feet with way too much Vaseline and put on cotton socks. Sleep in this concoction all night (and if your feet are too hot because of it, so much the better) and when you wake up, your heels will be soft and supple and no longer cause runs in your nylons. Currently checking on the Can-con of Arcade Fire.

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Matt White said...

Aw, i'm gonna miss the sight of your yellow feet. But i completely understand, as I too had to shelve the flip flops a few weeks ago for the same problem. Yet since then I've found a solution. One word -- roommate. Have your roommate rub on some lotion, then massage, then lotion, and repeat. Towel dry lightly before adding any product. And when he/she's done, put the lotion in the basket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home