Thursday, November 11, 2004

Apple Juice and A.O.C.

Had a fairly successful first night of shooting...shot a scene involving a father and son getting loaded on Jim Beam...of course, being a responsible human being qua filmmaker, we used apple juice in whisky's stead. (Getting the wine headache right about...now) Anyway, the actors had to drink literally 2 liters of room temp apple juice. In general, apple juice sorta sucks and smells a whole lot like way out of control baby shit. The very melodramatic scenes were interrupted by lots of robust, almost brobdingnagian belching. Oh well. I shot it all handheld and wanted the scenes to be very cutty...am slightly afraid that it'll cut a little too cutty and really disorient my classmates (thanks robyn and jordan!) which, in the end, is fine by me (b/c God only knows how wiped I am).

After the shoot, a dago wop friend visiting from out of town and I went to A.O.C. for some fine wine and chow. Highly recommended. Had some Russian pinot which was nice but the capper was the syrah...Maybe this is a natural progression of my extreme snobbery and, let's face it, spectacular taste in clothes, art, and friends (collective awwws fellow CUers, HMers, and SCers), but I'm sorta getting into wine a bit. Does that mean I'm getting old at the oh so tender age of 25? There's something neat and silly and a little sexy about sticking your schnoz in a glass of wine and thinking you're smelling cherries and asparagus and a hint of oak. Let's get real here: wine smells and tastes like grapes gone bad, straight up. And it gives you a headache which is really sucky.

It's 12:19AM and ERIC LANE IS STILL AT WORK WHOSE ONLY COMPANY ARE THE MEXICAN JANITORS.
And, dago wop friend is watching TOP GUN AGAIN!

Love
Alex

4 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger alex or eric said...

A day later. I'm at work. Sitting at my desk and waiting for faxes to go through. Totally looking at dictionary.com's word of the day to see if I can find showoff words to use for the blog before Alex gets to them. Come on, brobdingnagian? That's not a word I run across very often. Then again, all I read are car magazines and books about Ramona Quimby. In any case, more and more people are looking at the blog which means they sorta have an idea of what my life feels like for me these days. Which is good. Peter and Paul (neither of PeterPaulandMary nor NewTestament fame) took me out last night for sushi sasabune. It cheered me up tremendously. They're great guys and it was wonderful to have them in town. Nice to have a pep talk from two close friends. Afterwards saw The Incredibles. Geeked out during Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the CGI Trailer which had me convinced that maybe George Lucas made a Star Wars Prequel that is better than mediocre. Anyway, my fax might be finished 'cause the machine is beeping at me. Much like R2D2 does when I try to egg him on to do Slip and Slide. Hmmm? Everyone be well. It's time to clock out. 8pm. Why isn't there a Ramona movie? I demand it. Dammit. I'm writing a letter!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger SHL said...

Holy genius. A Ramona movie. A franchise.
Rotoscoping? Pixar? Live Axn?
Truly, I'm not being all jokey here. That's an idea.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Aaaaah! When I was a youngun I loved Ramona Quimby so much that when the fam took car trips I'd read the books until I threw up all over the back seat (reading in cars makes me sick.) I must've done that a dozen times. Sorry, just had to share. Can I be in the movie?

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger alex or eric said...

A couple years ago, in an unfunny attempt to be funny, I posted a "Free Box" on Craigslist:
"So, my mom said I have to get rid of my box of stuff. I don't know if anyone would want this stuff, but I really wish I could keep it. I hope someone takes
it, cause she says she is throwing it out if I dont throw it out. The box has lots of my things in it. It has
1- a jar you think is empty. you open it up and smells really bad. i spit in there like a year ago and sealed it up tight. honestly, if you want to play a joke on someone, this jar smells so bad, they'll probably puke their brains out.
2-a bag of hair and clipped nails. the hair is just from haircuts. the toenails are also mine. they are mixed together pretty good.
3- cigarette butts with lipstick on them. i collect these. though it looks like my collection is gonna be in the trash soon if i can't find my box a good home.
4- some balls made of wood. their like the size of a strawberry. but their shaped like balls, not strawberry shaped.
5- a solar calculator. i don't think it works. the screen is cracked. it's made by casio.
6- my ramona books with my notes written on them.
there is more stuff but it's hard for me to remember. the box is not too big. its not too heavy. you can have it for free but if you want to give me money, i
wont be upset (if you know what i mean)"

Anyway, before it got taken down by craigslist due to complaints, I got two e-mails, one saying, "I dont know about the other stuff but if those are Ramona Quimby, Age 8, Ill take them."

At work now. Posting in comments 'cause I feel too lazy to actually write a good post that people will have to read. Feeling like I earned this Friday, Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home