Tuesday, October 11, 2005

CRED

My buddy and I had tix to see Clap Hands on Friday night but he lost the tix so instead we went to see the 2 Gallants at El Cid, a bar/restaurant down the street from where I live. My broham is a huge 2 Gallants fan. The last show of theirs he went to, he dropped his cellphone into the shitter. Club shitters are gross but that didn't stop him from scooping his cellphone out of the shitter. Way to go broham!
In any case, my buddy and I were not in the best mood when we got to El Cid. What made it worse was that we had to sit through two shitty opening acts: Wires on Fire---4 poorly dressed Jewish kids playing M.F.A.-style heavy metal---and The Holy Ghost Revival---a Page/Plant joke of a band. When 2 Gallants finally got on stage, I was tired and my buddy just not feeling it. But, they were really good. I'd heard some of their stuff before and didn't take to it all that much, but seeing them live was something else. Maybe what was most memorable about that evening was seeing all these indie rock dudes with keychains hanging off their belt loops. I mean, every dude had that dangling fob accessory!!!
WHAT IS UP WITH THAT DANGLING FOB ACCESSORY!!!!!


LOVE
ALEX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home