Friday, September 23, 2005

It's a bird! It's a plane! Nevermind... Just another fiery something or other flying over Los Angeles...

1

2

3

4

5

Last night, Anna, a co-worker and I went to see Antony & The Johnsons. We met up with Alex, J-Innes, and Sarah-H at the show. On our way to a pre-show drink, Anna points up to the sky and asks, "What is that?". I explain that Antony is probably arriving at the Vista Theater in a spaceship.

As for Antony & The Johnsons, they put on a great show. Grown men cried. Alex held up his fist to give me a pound when during encore time Antony & Co. launched into a cover of VU's "Candy Says". A fantastic song to begin with, A & The J made it their own. Driving Anna home, I put on some Cat Stevens. Which matched well with Antony. It all struck me as so great when musicians can wear their emotions on their sleeve. Which leads to, I'm happy. It's Friday. I'm at my cubicle. Signing off. Happy weekend. And if you want to sing out, sing out! - Eric

P.S. Research Rocket Lights Up Sky
From Associated Press
September 23 2005
VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE, Calif.; A rocket carrying a military research satellite blasted off Thursday evening, dazzling spectators from California to Arizona with a rainbow of colors as it streaked across the sky at dusk.

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-rocket23sep23,0,1170411.story?coll=la-tot-promo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home