Thursday, September 08, 2005

Thai Elvis...

Palms Thai has re-opened. Will report as soon as I try it. Jonathan Gold says it's still good, if not better. Here's a picture of Thai Elvis that was in last week's LA Weekly...

Elvis

I've only tried a few Thai places in Thai Town in L.A. Some are good. Ruen Pair was my fav for a while... but a little problem arose. (For those outside of L.A., a little info: every place that sells food of any kind in Los Angeles is given a letter grade on their cleanliness: Most get an A... Some get a B... And the dirty ones, they get a C. Well, Ruen Pair had been a B, and then it dropped to C. Until they move up to a B or A, I don't think I can eat there... It's a little silly, as it was probably C conditions while I was there a couple weeks prior... Nontheless...

I haven't yet eaten at a C. (I did sit down at one with Hil (Sapp Coffee Shop) and there was a weird smell, so we had our drinks and left) Anyone brave/foolish enough to eat at a C? - Eric

P.S. Scary thought: Word on the street (by street, I mean amongst the sorta foodies who frequent Chowhound) is that some restaurants are posting photocopied grades. So that seemingly clean restaurant you're eating at might really be a C. This is cheating, and I suspect it's pretty rare if it happens...

1 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger robyn said...

Call me when you go to Palms, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home