Thursday, September 15, 2005

SLOW DOWN

Alex needs to slow down! School is wearing me out a bit of late. Don't know where all this stress is coming from. Shouldn't school be fun? The more I think about it, the more I question being back in school. I talked to my pops about it this summer, about my dropping out/taking a leave of absence, and he ixnayed that asap. I was like, fine, maybe school'll be of some benefit but now finding myself stressed and unhappy about school (mostly b/c of the doc I'm crewing on) I wish I'd been a little more forceful in explaining my situation to da, post-Sundance. Now that the script I've worked on is finished---needs to be read and drafted again---I can get things going professionally through the contacts I made at Sundance and maintained throughout the summer and get in touch w/ some friends who work in the biz and might be able to help a brother out. But the catch is that school's taking up so much of my time that I worry I won't be able to fully focus on the shit that'll get me going as a writer or hopefully as a director. I've tried hard to make time for the work, but it's been difficult this week to find time for it. FUCK!!! And what's so good about USC's instruction really? My buddy at NYU won a silver medal at the Student Academy Awards this year and when I looked at the list of all the nominees in the different categories, there wasn't a single USC student among them! Incredible.

LOVE
ALEX

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what you need to do is come back to NYC for a bit and hang with the peeps. Get a little liquor and Schillers in your system. No seriously, you can't stop now. You're halfway there. Just take a deep breath. I got your back hon, I got your back.

Elizabeth
NYC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home