Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Van Morrison... I don't get him.

Dear G-d, I like pop music and all, but will i ever "get" Van Morrison? The dude just doesn't do it for me. I try and try, but his songs just aren't for me. Maybe these songs are an acquired taste, like olives or beer. Lord almighty, thanks for lending an ear. Stay cool, Eric

Unrelated to my letter to the divine regarding vm:
P.S. Okkervil River is coming to L.A. in a couple of weeks. Let's all get tickets!

P.P.S. ERIC WILL BE IN NEW YORK CITY NEXT THURSDAY (9/29) thru THE SUNDAY (10/2). I'm catching movies at New York Film Festival with my grandfather, but maybe Saturday night I'll be up for partying on the town. I was just in New York a few weeks ago for my birthday. I'm dangerously edging close to being bi-coastal, it seems.

P.P.P.P.S. I signed up for an improv comedy class at Upright Citizens Brigade. Last night was the first class. I haven't done improv since the college days. First class was fantastic. Will let you know how it goes as it progresses. There are some superfunny guys/gals in the class.

P.P.P.S. I wrote a song late on Friday night when I couldn't sleep. It goes:

In the middle of a dream, I became a smoke machine!
I showed you things you'd never seen, My spiderweb caught the laserbeams!
I was a light show! I was a light show!
And you were the audience! You were the audience!
I'm the awesomeness on the planetarium ceiling!
I just hope you feel what I'm feeling!

P.P.P.P.P.S. I've been listening to Dead Milkmen's "Soul Rotation" a lot lately. Say what you want about that album, but I wish I could personally thank every member of Dead Milkmen for it. It's really fun songs about paranoia, aliens, and suburbia's relation to Americana. If you can track down the album, listen to it a couple of times. I've been loving this album since it came out in '92. There's a pop melancholy behind a lot of the humor that I find endearing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home