Thursday, February 03, 2005

It's Official

I've somehow managed to get sick here in sunny LA. Last fall, I had a couple spells of the mysterious 24hour stomach flu, but ever since Monday, I've been in the shitter. Especially today. Which was sunny, in the 70s.
I rubbed my nose raw with bathroom paper towels, Starbucks eco-friendly napkins, and my fingertips. I thought about snagging a few coils of tp from the men's restroom, but I decided against it considering each time I went in to get more absorbent material, I could actually smell shit which meant that for someone who wasn't sick, the gross violation must've been unbearably unpalatable. Whenever I'd have to cough or sneeze, I did so under my shirt which after a long day of nasal hemorrhaging got pretty damp'n gross. My being sick probably explains my overall p.o.'ed attitude this week. Patience: zero; Bitterness: 7 out of 10. So if you found yesterday's post excessively bitchy/whiny, apologies.

On the way back from home I purchased at Albertsons:
3 Family Size Campbell Soup cans of Chicken Noodle Soup
1 Robitussin Maximum Strength Cherry Flavor
1 Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment
1 Mini-Boboli 2 pack
1 24 pack of Arrowhead Water
1 Bag of "Mexican" Sargento's Shredded Cheese
I tried downing a Family Size can of chicken soup but I only made it halfway. Which meant that I had 3 servings. Why is chicken soup supposed to be good for you when you're sick? It sure is salty.
I had planned on going to small group and then meeting up with some SC friends at the Big Foot Lodge tonight, but instead, I'll be home praying I get better before the weekend.
Love
Alex

4 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger SHL said...

Remember from high school biology this fact? Wherever sodium goes, water follows. So when you drink soup and it has salt in it, the salt goes into your cells/blood and water follows, thereby keeping water in you, keeping you hydrated, which therein allows your immune system to function more fully.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

What's the deal with the secret not secret Beck show tomorrow at club 1650? will there be a report?

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

I guess that was actually directed at Eric. Eric, I will be waiting anxiously for the postgame wrap up about how you made out with Beck in LA.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger alex or eric said...

Eric here:
If Alex ends up not driving to the desert to shoot and I get free time tomorrow , I'll try my best to get into the show, by lining up hours early. The info on the "not-so-secret" show:
Saturday, February 5th
Club 1650
Hollywood, CA
Tickets on sale 6pm at the door, $10 cash only
Doors open at 8pm. 21+ over

Beck played a secret show at The Echo last Friday. He's got a mostly new crew of musicians backing him up, and the new songs are in my (very predictable) opinion: AWESOME. So if I get into the show, I'll be sure to report in with details. I already see it:

"First he started off with an awesome song. The next song, just as awesome, if not more so. For the third song, Beck continued the awesomeness. The awesome music kept erupting around me. An awesome night. I give it an A+. A for awesome."

My favorite lyric on the leaked tracks is in "E-Pro:", the first single off the album is "Hammer by bones in the anvil of daylight!"

Hear Alex walking around upstairs. Hopefully, he feels better. -Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home