Thursday, February 03, 2005

Ladies singing to me...

Eric writes:

I'm writing this quickly. Leaving the house in a matter of minutes to attend poker night at casa de J4/S-Brahms. Should be a good time.

Been listening to a lot of Nico, Carole King, and Laura Nyro. Laura Nyro's cover of "Ooh Child" feels like a hug. It's a great song to begin with, but there's just something about Nyro's voice...

Last night, E-Mags and I went out for Chinese Food. After the tofu, After the vegetable dish that featured pork as one of its vegetables, After all that, the fortune cookies came out. My fortune: "Your Career Plans Look Bright". This fortune made me feel good. And now I've got a whole new set of lucky numbers. Drove with E-Mags for a long time. I might sign up for an acting class she takes. Have to give her a call and find out more about it...

Awesome movies I've seen at the Arclight this week: "Back to the Future" (which still remains awesome and having Biff actually there for the Q&A was pretty great); "The Big Red One: The Reconstruction" is a Samuel Fuller WW2 movie from 1980 that is hard to describe. Reminded me of Altman's "Mash" in how episodic it made war seem. The comedy too was pretty good. And Robert Carradine, the lead nerd in "ROTN" who isn't Anthony Edwards was in it. He's also in Mean Streets for a quick killing.

First draft of the pilot is completed. It needs a lot of work but that's why it's a first draft. DM wrote the 1st act (it's a 4 act one hour drama) and there's some stellar dialogue in it. Hope it becomes a tv show, only 'cause it's the sort of thing I'd watch.

There's a smell in the air. I know it's only February but it smells like spring outside. Any other LA'ers notice this?

Adam, a high school friend called today. He put me and Alex up in Ohio for one night of our cross country Cannonball Run reenactment. Adam had me laughing so hard I thought I was gonna throw up. That's some serious laughter. So good to hear from him. He's taking flying lessons and drives a vintage BMW motorcycle through snowy Ohio. I gotta start having some adventures out here... So inspiring to hear about everything he's up to. He says he might fly out to L.A. and visit, which will hopefully make for the most exciting blog post of '05.

Gotta run. There's cards to be dealt. -Eric

P.S. In Beck News of the day:
Cover of the upcoming beck album -
Guero

2 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger SHL said...

just yesterday, I heard two people saying "It smells like summer"> I thought it to myself too when driving through Venice/SanMo.
We notice. It is all around.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger robyn said...

can't remember the name of this artist as seen on the beck album here, but do remember that they are totally awesome. they did the cover of an aquaintance's novel "the broken record technique" (http://www.penguin.ca/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,0_0141005688,00.html)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home