Wednesday, January 19, 2005

ZANKOU

I've known about Zankou Chicken for years now thanks to that Beck song, but I hadn't been till a couple of days ago and let me tell you, I'm hooked. I've had it three days in a row now. One chicken schwarma sandwich, two half chicken platters w/ 2 pieces of pita, hummus, pink pickles and yellow peppers, and their special garlic paste. What is it about LA and great fast food? In-n-Out, Baja Fresh, Zankou. Back to Zankou: sure, your breath ends up smelling pretty terrible but it's well worth it. The garlic paste, I think, is the key to the whole thing. You just slabber on some of that white goo onto a forked piece of flesh and go to town! I do love the pink pickles: bitter, vinegary, salty. But as I found out the hard way, those peppers are HOT!
It was in the high 80s all day. Perfect weather. It's sort of ridiculous actually how nice it's been. Back in NYC, it's probably zero degrees, gray, and everyone's unhappy. It's nice to have 4 seasons, but I'm starting to believe that it's nicer wearing shorts in January, reading the paper on a deck looking out over LA.
Tomorrow I leave for Park City, Utah! It's only really hit me this past week. Most of you already know, but Eric really wants me to post the news on the blog and so I will though it's not my style. I made this short film a year ago. I finally finished it this past August and submitted it to 2 festivals: Sundance & Slamdance. Much to my surprise, it got into Sundance and so that's where I'll be for the next week. Lots of family and friends are coming out to not only support the film, but also get shitfaced. My folks have generously rented a 3-bedroom condo for the weekend. Huge. But then again, there'll be 14 of us staying there. 15 if I can get Evan Rachel Wood to come home with me (I think she's at least 18 by now).

1 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger SHL said...

I would have to agree with my mom on this. I like the shredded chicken in the pita, no tomatoes. It's plain and yet satisfying in this age of computers and fast flying planes.
I want you to pinch the following people for me in Idaho:
a) Topher Grace
b) any assorted hobbits in attendance
c) Ryan Gosling
d) Phoenix, J

and can you please punch the following person in the kidneys?
a) Billy Crudup

Thank you and enjoy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home