Monday, January 10, 2005

METS IN 05

What a great weekend. Eric'll fill you in on the ellen/molly bit soon. Craig and my brother were also in town: pretty tame compared to what Eric's got to offer.
Anyway, Carlos Beltran! 7 years $119 mil is a lot but he's only 27 and just entering his prime. I am pretty sure he'll deal with the stresses and temptations of the city better than say, Carlos Baerga. But whatever, Beltran's gonna hit .320, stroke 35 homers, drive in 115 runs, steal 30 bases, and win a gold glove. I gave Omar a lot of flack for signing Pedro to a 4 year contract, but getting Beltran more than makes up for it. Now the Mets have I think the second highest payroll in baseball, 2nd of course, to the Bronx Bombers whom everyone knows are a bunch of DICKS.
I haven't been this excited for the upcoming season since we (I know, I know, using the plural pronoun, but fuckit, I listen to sports radio and if Bruce from Bayside can use the we, then so can I, I mean, we) signed Alomar and Vaughn. Check it out:
Best (potential) lineup in the NL East:
Reyes (please give us 130 starts that's all we ask)
Wright (next Scott Rolen)
Beltran (superstar)
Piazza (will have a huge comeback season where he'll stroke 30 homers and FINALLY come out the closet)
Floyd (give us 115 starts and I'll buy you a new set of 24s for your 03 Escalade)
Matsui (a move to second base should do wonders)
Cameron (all we ask for is .250)
J. Phillips (keep up the good work)

That's one scary lineup. That is if everyone stays healthy and lives up to expectations.

The starting pitching is great: Pedro, Glavine, Trachsel, Benson, Zambrano...
Can't you just taste victory already?


1 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Matt White said...

Baseball? Ba ba ba BOOOOOOOOOORING!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home