Monday, January 03, 2005

We're gonna rock down to Electric Avenue and then we'll take it higher!

Oy! Oy!
Inside an airplane, I returned to Los Angeles.
Home was great. Teary-eyed goodbyes.
My family might visit in February, which would be wonderful.
Matt picked me up at the airport last night.
We stopped at a gas station and I bought two lottery tickets,
one for him, and one for me.
I really think this is the year I win millions of dollars in the lottery. I can feel it in my bones.
It's been raining gatos y perros in Los Angeles for the past week,
and some roads are still a mess.
Matt and I stopped at a restaurant on Hillhurst (House of Pies) which we hadn't been to before. It was wonderfully mediocre.
Good to see Matt. (Even if he hadn't picked me up at the airport, I'd still be a member of the Matt-the-Neighbor fanclub).
After dinner, we continued on home. I went to Matt's house for awhile and chatted with Neighbor-Nat and the visiting cat.
I coveted their Christmas tree, and then walked across the driveway to my house.
Alex isn't back from the East Coast yet so I had the house to myself.
Spent a lot of time trying to figure out why the front door isn't closing properly but I'm clueless.
Started unpacking and fell asleep on the floor of my bedroom.
Returning to unemploymentville is sorta tough, but if this whole winning-the-lottery enterprise works out, then I'm set.
Watched "Project Runway" and "The Simple Life" while at home. Considering getting cable for Hotel Los Feliz just to
enjoy those shows.

Top Ten Things I want to accomplish in '05 (besides winning the lottery):
1. Finish the pilot
2. Find a great new job.
3. Finish my 3 in-progress screenplays.
4. Edit "Paralegal"
5. Compliment Alex more on his hipness.
6. Become a great karaoker.
7. Drive to Vancouver with P-Getz (penciled in for August)
8. Record an MC Nuggets demo.
9. Become a better listener.
10. Keep on keeping on.

Anyway, have to go put on the sneakers. Matt and I are carpooling to the gym.
Crossing my fingers for old italian men asking me to flex for them whilst in the sauna, Eric

2 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger robyn said...

What?? You are coming to Vancouver in August? Just in time for my birthday? What? You want me to show you the lovely sights and secret beaches and too-cool-for-you hangouts? What? You want to go for lunch at Rasputin and to Pho Bich Nga for dinner? What? You want to caravan with me back down to LA? Whatwhatwhat?!!! Are you up? I'm down.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger alex or eric said...

Yes and yes. See you in August (My birthday month too). -Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home