Friday, December 17, 2004

My friend, my publicist, BTalbs

It's been real nice being back. I wake up @ 11, 12. I eat lunch, check my email, watch a little tv (a big deal b/c we don't have TV in LA), make some progress into the Garcia Marquez book my brother got me for Christmas last year, bowflex, etc. Then I go see friends for dinner and drinks. I have to say I'm eating incredibly well. Highlights: toffee pudding at Schillers, the beignet fritto at Bianca, lobster roll at Pearl Oyster Bar, langoustine gnocchi at Da Silvano (mom and dad wanted to go, not me). Tonight going to Al Di La, tops for Italian in Park Slope. Stewed tripe:mmmm.
Last night, met up with a few of my high school friends for some fantastic BBQ by the Fairway north of Columbia. Uh, what happened to UFM? Westside Market? Dynasty? What was with all those clearly transgendered students rallying in front of the 116th and B'way gates? Don't you have to study people? Never seen that before.
After dinner, a few of us went to 1020 which for those who aren't in the know is a bar that serves drinks and has a pool table and a dart board and dirty bathrooms. You can also sit down in these nice booths. I didn't go to 1020 much when I was in college b/c shit gets really hot in there and a good part of senior year was spent living off campus. My friends were tired but I wanted to continue drinking so to liven things up a little, I called the always dependable, always fun, BTalbs. She extended the night a good two and a half hours she did. She's a graduate student but we decided last night that she's going to be my publicist. And also Ritter's. Later on she started to freak me out about UVA and UVB rays. B, no matter what you say, I will not slather on sunscreen on a rainy day. That's just plain ridiculous.

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Matt White said...

You guys SUCK! you go back east, and all of a sudden "alexandericinla" no longer exists? i need posts, people!! some of us are living vicariously through you at the moment, you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home