Monday, December 13, 2004

New York

Gotta thank ELane for being such a good sport Saturday morning. Left the house @ 5:20AM to make the 7:15AM flight to Newark, NJ. Slept much of the way there. Have to say that I've definitely become a flying pussy. The slightest tilt or rumble puts me in a seriously prayerful mode.
I met up with a few friends Saturday night. I missed the city but I soon realized that I'm slowly becoming an Angeleno (hate that word but oh well). The pace, the weather, the weird mix of suburban and concrete, etc.: I love living in a house with a driveway, having a neighbor I can entrust my keys to, pedestrians who don't jaywalk thereby allowing me to drive like really fast, helicopters that hover over Hollywood, and on occasion, echoey gunshots at night. Definitely felt a little like a tourist. But it was great to see everyone again. The group was a little too big for me to catch up with everyone the way I'd like to, but I'm sure there'll be many more opportunities to get tight again with'em.
Saw Ocean's 12 at the Ziegfeld: slept through about 20 minutes of it. A big bad bore. Soderbergh's a freaking hack.
Then Schillers: sure, it's probably lost much of its lustre, but I fucking love that place. Where else can you sit 14 friends for drinks and chow at half past midnight and watch Sean Lennon---when's the new album coming out dude?---have a couple of drinks with his, I'm pretty sure of this, high school friends? Unfortunately, a few of my friends had work on Sunday so we couldn't tear it up too bad but staying out till 4 the first night back was pretty fun.
Then Sunday morning I woke up at 3pm. Jetlag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home