Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Update on Jason

Spoke to a friend who got in touch with Jason: he's all right. I asked him if he mentioned where he's at but he (Jason) didn't say. What? It's a relief for sure but still...
All day I've been running around the city running errands. I had to put labels on some burned CDs this morning: you know that thing you use to hold the label in place so that when you stick the sticky side with not-burned side of the burned CD, shit doesn't get sticked all sloppy-like? Well that thing that does that is groovy.
While I've been hanging out at my brother's waiting for him to get back from work so we can visit our just turned 30 cousin whom I mentioned a week ago in the whole snipped thread fabric oozing of personal feeling post, I've been pouring over the Village Voice's Take 6 Film Critics Poll. It's sort of the most fun thing the Village Voice puts out all year.
Though I haven't seen The Aviator or House of Flying Daggers yet, here's a quickie Top 10. Completely sincere mind you so don't think I'm joking around. I don't joke about important things like Top 10 lists.
1. Eternal Sunshine/The Big Red One: The Reconstruction
2. Son Frere (USCers: if you haven't seen any Patrice Chereau, "do yourself a favor.")
3. Before Sunset
4. Primer
5. Dogville
6. Time of the Wolf
7. Collateral
8. Father & Son
9. Torque (NO JOKE)
10. Vera Drake/Million Dollar Baby/I Heart Huckabees/Sideways
If I had seen Crimson Gold this year instead of last at the NYFF, that would've been numero uno.
Films I wish I had caught up with: Moolaade, Goodbye Dragon Inn, Cowards Bend The Knee (though I'm not Guy Maddin fan), Los Angeles Plays Itself (hasn't screened in LA yet!), and Motorcycle Diaries though I've heard it's crap.
Enjoy the list and feel free to call me stupid. Eric, don't be a lazy bitch: post!
Love
Alex

2 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger SHL said...

LA plays itself...It played, but only once. Robyn's friend's friend made it.
I am anxious and sad re:Thailand. Am missing a person.
Hope NYC is catching you a feel.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger alex or eric said...

Lebo
Where are the posts! Where are you even?
Yes, I will be praying for your missing person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home