Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Kleenex and cough drops / Jump Pony! Jump Pony!

This is gonna be short. New York this past weekend was a blast. I'm back in Connecticut now, and unfortunately, am suffering from some virus I caught in New York. Mom's taking good care of me. When I saw my dad, he walked up to me, gave me a hug, and told me, "Eric, you smell infected". Dad and I went to Barnes & Noble tonight, where I bought some last minute gifts for myself. (Correction: my dad paid for everything I was gonna buy. Thanks dad.) I bought Ted Leo & The Pharmacists, as well as The Fiery Furnaces's first album. On the way to Barnes & Farmes, I played my dad The Arcade Fire album which he liked more than I do. There's a huge post brewing... NYC was cold and amazing. Thanks to everyone who came out for the assorted depravities. Enjoyed your hugs and company immensely, Eric

P.S. Went into my parents' room to speak with Dad. Mom's got some workout dvd (Donna Richardson) where the theme is old school hip hop and Sugarhill Gang is the backing band. There's a part where I believe they are chanting "Jump on it." Mom is leaping around the room, chanting "Jump Pony, Jump Pony.". Anyway, Mom is awesome. And I've got a new mantra.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home