Thursday, January 06, 2005

Boring Post of the Day! Lint Rhymes! And More!

Yesterday, I wrote:

My brain is numb and trying to come up with something to say tonight is proving difficult. Alex and I just saw “The Godfather: Part 2” at the Arclight. Being a filmdork, I’d seen it projected before. It always hits hard. It’s the first movie I remember seeing that elicited tears from me. I didn’t cry for Fredo tonight. Maybe I’ve grown colder. Maybe the Arcade Fire has something to teach me in their lyrics. Michael Corleone sure drinks a lot of water in Part Dos. Not too much post G-Father-2 conversation with Alex... There’s really not a lot to say... I want to make movies as awesome as the first two Godfather films.

M-Smith and N-Smith came to my house today. I played them the rough version of an M.C. Nuggets song (thanks A-Ross for helping me with this) and they enjoyed it. We then drove to Pasadena, had a gross lunch, and then went to Target, where I bought an Aerobed. Just so when visitors are staying at Hotel Los Feliz, nobody has to sleep on the couch.

Today, I write: Now it’s Thursday evening. Went to the gym, had lunch with E-Mags, bought ericfuel at the supermarket. Am now sitting on the couch, trying to come up with something worthwhile to post on the blog... Why can’t I think of anything to say??

Um,
if in your belly button there’s lint to pick,
if you want to get rid of it, here's my verdict:
disregard the first aid kit, that’s for when you’re sore or sick,
just stick your finger in a little bit, little bit.
and don’t you quit until there’s crud on your fingertip.
so now your digit has paid your navel a visit,
you got the lint and your finger didn’t go missing,
the stuff on your index escaped it’s belly button prison,
and now you feel clean and that you made a good decision.
congratulations on the success of the lint removal,
you’ve earned my and your parents’ approval.
It’s ‘cause for celebration, you deserve commendation,
your abdominal procedure was a successful operation.
strut on in, show off that belly button,
what’s that in there? you can answer nothing.
you can stand tall, stand proud,
you’re a genius, you got the lint out!

Apologies. Now that that’s done, perhaps my brain is clear again and I can continue on with my infamous witticisms. E-Hals is coming to town this weekend. I bought a giant box of Cap’N Crunch which will serve as weekend breakfast or a lifetime supply of uncomfortable earplugs.... Excited to see E-Hals. Weatherman predicts rain. I predict reckless adventure. Happy Thursday to all, Eric





1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger robyn said...

dear eric,

thank you for your boring post. i'm so boring i can't even post. also, i'm trying to be good and do work, you know, beginning-of-term resolutions to be more productive and all.

maybe i'll post something when i've done the work.

(ps: please write some couplets about earwax, if you have time)

robyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home