Friday, January 14, 2005

The coolest tire ever... and of course... NAME THIS DRINK!

Eric here...

Tweelin'!

Tweel!.
I've tried to paste a link to the press release above this text.
Michelin invented a wheel called the tweel.
It's a see through tire with no air, just rubber spokes.
I can't say enough about this tire other than: weird.
Tweel, I think you're neat-o. Your newest fan, Eric

It's almost 1am. I just got home.
I went to a restaurant/bar/club/music venue called Genghis Cohen's.
The food was surprisingly decent for such a silly named place.
One pork dish (we didn't order) was called Shalom Pork.
If I have any great MSG dreams tonight, I'll be sure to post about them tomorrow. I went to Genghis Cohen's with J4 and S-Brahms. S-Brahm's friend's sister's boyfriend was playing tonight at Genghis C's and so we ate dinner there and saw him perform. He's an acoustic guitar guy who sings in the way that probably make a lot of high school and college girls go crazy for him. He had a really nice resonance to his voice, which I enjoyed.

At the show, I ordered a drink that they hadn't made before. Walking in, I saw they had Dr. Brown's Cream Soda.
Inspiration struck when the waitress walked over and asked what we wanted to drink. I had a Dr. Brown's Cream Soda with Absolut Vanilla flavored vodka. It makes for a very sweet drink, which I like but don't love. It's no Royal Royal [Crown Crown] but it's decent and could use a good moniker.
My idea: "Dr. Brown, Dr. Vanilla Brown"
S-Brahm's friend's proposal: "The Flux Capacitor"
Combining names yields nothing great, i.e. "Absolut Brown".
Handsome/Pretty Reader, I need your help. Name this drink. It's sweet and tastes like vanilla.
Come on reader, I have faith in your wisdom. My ears are open. Bring the genius.

Oh, to backtrack: Today was a good day. A-Ross rented a van. I helped him move a bed. A-Ross then bought me lunch at Yuca's on Hillhurst. -Eric

P.S. Regarding Yuca's:
I came to the conclusion that I’ve had good burritos in L.A. but nothing jaw-droppingly awesome, like I’ve had at kitchen/market in nyc or heard about in San Francisco. L.A. burritos so far and their respective verdicts: (Mind you: these are just my opinions)

1. Yuca’s (on Hillhurst): B+. It’s a good riceless burrito, but a. I’d like avocado slices or guacamole as an option and b. that pork is insanely greasy (it works great on the tortas there by the way)

2. Tacos Villa Corona (on Glendale in Atwater Village): B. This place is good, but lately the rice has been getting to me. They make great quesadillas and for a taco stand, it’s the nicest service you can believe. Such nice people it makes you wish their rice was spectacular so they could move into Eric-A-grade-burrito territory. The chicken is tasty and nicely spiced. I recommend the quesadillas.

3. El Gran Burrito (Santa Monica and Vermont): A-. Outdoor Mexican eatery. It’s really good al pastor. Some spicy sauces to burn my mouth on.

4. Cactus (There’s one on Vine and one on Beverly): B-. Good. Prefer the tacos.

5. El Tepeyac (P-Getz and I went to the one in east L.A.): B-. The burritos are enormous. “El Manuel” burrito is scary big.

No real comments on Chipotle and Baja Fresh. Both are good. Both are chains. Alegria in Silverlake is incredible but isn’t really a burrito place even though they have burritos. Alegria is one of my 3 favorite places in L.A. Great service, spectacular food, and bring your own wine/beer. It's a good restaurant (closed on Sundays) which has amazing fish tacos. Always a great place to take visitors to L.A.

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Matt White said...

the Brown-eyed Monster!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home