Sunday, January 23, 2005

Pepe Goes Kaput...

Eric here:
Yesterday at 5am, Alex's smoke alarm decided it was time to tell me it was out of batteries. Alex will one day learn what amazing amount of decibels his smoke alarm is capable of producing. I awoke and ran out of the house in my boxers. I stood in the driveway, looked back, and realized the house wasn't on fire. I marched up the stairs to Alex's room and took the smoke alarm down from the ceiling. I took the battery out and went back to sleep, figuring that the other 2 smoke alarms would do good work in case any fires broke out in the next few hours.

Alex is in Sundance and I hope he's having a great time. He's got a bunch of friends out there, which makes me feel a little better for not going. I hope Alex is hanging with Thomas Vinterberg and Crispin Glover. P-Getz, A-Ross, M-Lawrz(?), Kirshbaum (of gregkinla.blogspot.com fame), A-Scards, and other friends (Poindexter, indeed) are all out there. I'm a little bummed I didn't get my act together and go. But you know what they say: Next year in Jerusalem.

Things are good with me. Jobsearch continues. Last night at dinner, friend of a friend asked how one becomes a writing assistant for a tv show (which is what, as of now, my ideal job would be). My answer sounded like b.s. as I realized that even with speaking with people in the industry, the number of interviews I've gotten lately is tiny. I moved to California to pursue work in the film industry. I worked for a couple of months at a film company out here that really wasn't a good fit for me as a job. I've had a lot of time to think and thankfully, it hasn't resulted in me deciding to give up wanting to be a film/tv writer, and applying to law/business/what-have-you school. There's no set path to becoming an established writer in the entertainment industry except for one thing: you gotta write. Which I've been doing (beside the infrequent blogposts), so that's good.

Man, Alex is missing all the fun... Last night, someone ran over a skunk about 15 feet from the base of our driveway. I don't know if this happens every time a skunk gets crushed beneath a tire, but said skunk's corpse released a pretty intense skunk smell. I don't really mind the smell of skunk when it's faint (reminds me of home in Connecticut only 'cause it's a smell I never smelled in NYC), but this was pretty intense. When I left for the gym this morning, the skunk's earthy vessel was nowhere to be seen (maybe someone made a hat). The stink had diminished quite a bit too. I think it's the first roadkill I've seen in L.A.

New York is covered in snow. While I'm glad to be in sunny warm California, it would be a lot of fun to be snowed in with the family this weekend. Hopefully they're having a nice weekend of movies and fires in the fireplace...

It's Sunday afternoon and it's beautiful outside. E-Mags is coming to pick me up to go on a wandering adventure through my neighborhood. She needs sunglasses and I'm just in a mood for walking.

I haven't posted in close to a week. Apologies. Hopefully you found other fun stuff on the internet to look at (i.e. typing in "bonsai potato" into google.com).
May post a short story soon. About a playdate on the moon. No joke. There's lasertag and lots of fun moon activities (average people slamdunking, etc.).

Have come up with a video project that might take months to shoot. If I do it, I'll be sure to post it as it's a pretty neat idea (or at least it was neat in those moments before I fell asleep last night). Alright, E-Mags is here. Have to run. Sundancers, hope there's good movies, fun times and excessive celebration in the snowy streets of Utah. Peace Love Recycle, Eric

1 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger SHL said...

I couldnt make it through Bartleby. You're the stronger man.
Hey, what gym do you go to?
Isn't the nearest one in Glendale?
I think it's fucking lame that the only gym in Los Feliz propa is Curves and Cuts (curves for men).
Beck plus Elliptical = nuclear energy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home