Thursday, November 18, 2004

I write the rhymes that make the whole world cringe...

It's 8:20pm as I start writing this. I'm at my desk. A lot to take care of before I can go home. Figured since I'm gonna be here for awhile, I might as well take a break for lemon-lime gatorade and posting on the blog. This day is a long one. Tomorrow is Friday. I earned it. It's been a long week. Anyone know anyone in L.A. who can help me record M.C. Nuggets songs? I just want to record 47 tracks, release the triple album, and make 500 dollars which I'll then bet on the 3 horses with the silliest names to win the trifecta in the kentucky derby (order of finish for the 3 to be the reverse of the order of the silliness of their names). I simply can't lose. My plan is solid. Really, I've written some funny stuff since getting out here and it'd be nice to record it before I'm too old.
Today, I showed a co-worker my short film (the one with me as a ninja). She laughed hard when I ripped my shirt off in the movie. I was tempted to rip off my shirt in real life but assumed it would just kill the laughter.
I can't tell if Bill Clinton looked good or bad today. It just makes me happy to see him. I think Bill Clinton is an awesome dude. He can't help it, either.
Awesome. The 2nd to last person to leave the office didn't know I was here and just left and turned out the lights. It's dark in cubicle row, but at least I have my computer and desklamp. Hopefully I'll make it out of here via navigating by the screensavers on various monitors about the office.
Tomorrow night I'm breaking free and escaping early. Gonna go home and watch TGIF and see all my favs; you know, Family Matters, Step by Step, Full House, etc. Alex and I don't actually have tv so maybe I can get to the Netflix movies I've had for a month. I'm nearly halfway through one of them.
A little hungry right now. Could a delivery guy find his way through the darkness and bring me a pizza? I doubt it. Woe is me. Feeling like Eeyore. If Eeyore sat in a cubicle and updated legal reports and spreadsheets.
But I'll tell you what. Life is good. Saturday morning is gonna be awesome. I'm sleeping in. And when I wake up, the sun will actually already have risen. And on Monday Night, I'm jumping on a plane to New York. Next week is so close. Who's having turducken? Who's having fried turkey? Can't wait for Wednesday Night (going with Paul to see the balloons get blown up for the Macy's Day Parade. Hopefully afterwards, there'll be a cast of ridiculous yahoos at the Raccoon Lodge doing bodyshots off of each other.) Me, I've been homesick lately. And in less then a week, I'll be cured. Rock! -Eric

2 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger alex or eric said...

Goodnight desk. Goodnight telephone. Goodnight keyboard. Goodnight stapler. Goodnight cubicle. Homeward bound, Eric

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger alex or eric said...

L.A.'s hilarious. People in the row of cubicles next to mine are whining about valet parking.
"I hate Valet".
"The guy took 5 minutes to get me my car. I'm like, 'buddy, you just burned your tip'."
"That's the easiest job in the world. Why do they act like it's such a pain?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home