Monday, March 20, 2006

V FOR

E, V, and I caught V for Vendetta the other day. Suprisingly bereft of action. Lots of blabbering and unintentionally hilarious shot-reverse shot cutting between a lovelorn skinheaded Natalie P and a romantic goofy masked Hugo W. There are a lot of "V"s---symbols and words-that-begin-with--- throughout and all I could think of were VAGINA and V STEAKHOUSE. For real. VAGINA because in his introduction, V alliterates a kazillion words that begin eponymously. Conspicuously absent: VROOM, VERSACE, and VAGINA. What's up with that Wachowskis? Couldn't throw in a little VROOM or a swatch of VERSACE or an amuse bouche of VAGINA into the movie? (By the way, AMUSE BOUCHE is my new favorite catchall. e.g. "I have an amuse bouche of a headache. I had an amuse bouche of a woody watching 13 GOING ON 30. I dropped an amuse bouche of a log in the pooper.") I kept thinking about VAGINA over VROOM or VERSACE mainly because I wanted to remind myself to drop that bomb later that night in a game of Scrabble. Scrabbling words like HAD, GOT, and VAGINA is just plain funny. I didn't. I did however throw down a BONER. Yes, I'm a child but most times I'm an adult with an amuse bouche of wit.
V STEAKHOUSE because earlier in the day, KV and I went to Trader Joes to restock the fridge and shelves. After reading that Times article a few weeks back about the TJs that's just opened in Manhattan, I realized that I wasn't shopping at TJs like a proper TJs shopper should. I go to TJs to buy produce and essentials. HA! FOOL! TJs shoppers shop at TJs to purchase their mixed nut medleys, prepared frozen meals, flowers, and marinated slabs of meat. This time around, I made a point of shopping like a true TJs shopper. I bought some dried fruit and a mixed fruit/nut medley and a marinated 3lb slab of tri-tip. I had major reservations about the meat. I like to season my meat myself. (That didn't sound quite right.) But purchase it I did. So, sitting in the movie theater, bored out of my mind, hearing V V V everywhere, I thought about V STEAKHOUSE and the marinated tri-tip resting in my fridge.
Later that night, I grilled that tri-tip for over an hour (It's a fat slab of protein I tell ya.) and enjoyed it with my compadres. Then after that, E played video games and V and I played a tight game of Scrabble where after she put down her last tile, the score was tied 294-294. But I had one tile left. A "V." Subtracted that point value from my total and added it to hers. V was VICTORIOUS (I had to, sorry!).

LOVE
ALEX

p.s. Actually the last tile was an "I." But how great would it have been were it a "V"?

1 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be modest. You omitted mentioning the next Scrabble game, where you whipped my ass by like a million points.

I still feel the shame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home