Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Somewhere in Los Feliz...



The summer before senior year, Alex and I crewed on the same film. The crew of "Somewhere In India", now titled "Indian Cowboy" was, for the most part, amazing. Alex worked in wardrobe dept. and I was a truck-driving set PA. Anyway, thanks to my friend Jaime dropping Patti's name in a conversation, I realized Patti, one of our bosses from the "Somewhere in India" summer, was living just a few minutes from our house, here in L.A. An e-mail later, and suddenly Alex and I were back in touch with Patti...
Last night, we got together for dinner at Cobras & Matadors, and then moved on to a Polynesian-ish dive-ish bar called the Cha-Cha Lounge for drinks. Was wonderful reminiscing about the days in Colonia, New Jersey, working hard to make a bare-bones (think 135,000 35mm feature and you'll get the idea) movie... Funny that we've been living in the same neighborhood as Patti for a year and a half, and never had run into her...
In any case, great to be back in touch with a friend. Walt Disney was right about it being a "small world after all". The next morning, on my way to work, I looked in my rearview mirror and of course, who's driving behind me? Patti!
Not a lot to report. Work has been busy. I haven't finished a Netflix movie in weeks... Went to dinner with CG-M last night... Maybe I was tired, but I went into storyteller mold/confession and just talked about all the things I'm too embarassed to talk about on the blog...
I'm exhausted. Work's been busy. I get to go to Vegas on Sunday for Showest. Going to be busy, but hopefully there'll be enough time to grab drinks with phone work contacts that I'm meeting in person for the first time...
Gotta run... Go see "Neil Young: Heart of Gold" when you get the chance.... Peace, Eric

P.S. Yes, I will be going to the screening of Harold & Maude at the New Beverly on Friday for my fill of Bud Cort & Cat Stevens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home