Sunday, February 19, 2006

sunday morning brings the dawn in...

Brothers and Sisters,

Pitchfork linked to the new Prince track off his upcoming album: "Black Sweat" in Real Audio...

Not much to report. Friday night, J-Lebs and I met up post-sunset to engage in some rock-the-shabbos antics & maneuvers. First, we met up with D-Frank (and her parents; everyone seems to have parents in town this weekend, it's like parents' weekend in Los Angeles...) at The Improv. We saw Sarah Silverman, Drew Carey and a grumpy headliner, sorta upset that most people weren't there to see him. I liked an early comic in the evening named Joe Wong.... After the laughter, J-Lebs and I headed to Thai town, to go to the Thai nightclub/restaurant next to Jumbo's. The food there is good, but I feel like we mis-ordered and got boring stuff. I'm sure there's exciting stuff on the menu we missed...

Yesterday, I cleaned my room, did laundry, mailed stuff out to people, went to the bank, and ran other errands. Then last night, I met up with J-Lebs again and some film industry friends of his for dinner at a little sushi place on Melrose. I started doing my standup comedy routine I'd done in the shower in the morning, and it didn't go off as well at dinner. It still needs some fine tuning... Then the four of us went to a party that was 20 guys sitting in a room, playing Beer Pong. Also present were chicken wings and many 30 packs of light beer. Television was on, alternating between "Trapped in the Closet: Ch. 1-12" and The Olympics... As the party got rowdy, I felt tired, so left around midnight. I drove home through rainy Los Angeles, blasting "The Carpenters" through my stereo...

The new Rosanne Cash album, "Black Cadillac" is worth checking out. I've been playing it for anyone who'll listen. "The World Unseen" has lyrics that feel like a hammer against a heart. It's a flawed album in a lot of ways, production seems a little too hip and slick, but man, if you want some emotion brought forth by music, it's worth the listen.

I'm starting another improv class at UCB which begins today. Off to get breakfast before. - Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home