Thursday, February 02, 2006

SUSHI IN LA

Add another to the list! It's sorta getting ridiculous how good the sushi is in LA. (Mind you, Eric and I have barely scratched the surface too.) A couple of nights ago, Eric, GKirsch (slice visiting from NYC), and I drove up to Studio City and ate a HUGE meal at ASANEBO on Ventura. Driving along Ventura in GK's Ford EXPEDITION rental---I'm telling you, that SUV is HUGE---we must've passed 10 raw fish temples. These places are all great apparently and they are all situated in crummy strip malls. We were starving and didn't want to bother with the menu so we ordered omakase which is definitely the way to do it in LA. Never been disappointed: the chef always knows better than I.
Though Eric is a HUGE champion of Kiriko on the Westside, I have to say that Asanebo is just as good and also closer to us. We had ridiculously fresh razor clam, kampachi w/ jalepeno, blue fin tuna sashi, the most best agedashi tofu in world, snapper, and delicious toro sushi. And priced just right. As much as I love food in NYC, I don't think I'll ever eat sushi there again (except if someone's willing to take me to MASA)
Best Sushi in LA (thus far):
1. Mori
2. Asanebo
3. Kiriko
4. Matsuhisa
5. Sasabune
6. Koi (it's actually tasty stuff)
7. Nozawa

LOVE
ALEX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home