Friday, January 13, 2006

CULINARY GOAL

I'm not one for mixing and matching too many different ingredients together when I cook. A typical dinner for three I prepared recently:
PROTEIN: broiled flank steak marinated in lime juice seasoned with dry herbs, kosher salt, pepper
VEGETABLE: sauteed spinach with garlic, olive oil, rock salt
VEGETABLE: sauteed chanterelles mushrooms with shallots, olive oil, rock salt, pepper
CARB: half loaf of fresh whole grain bread
FAT: double creme brie
DRINK: chianti

I enjoy eating simply at home but this year, I'm gonna try to perform some straight up alchemy. A feast I see in the near future:
PROTEIN: braised pig's feet stuffed with fennel and foie gras (ARoss had something like this at Au Pied de Cochon in Montreal and said it was dope)
VEGETABLE: roasted asparagus with capers and eggs
VEGETABLE: radicchio with guanciale and rosemary
CARB: truffle mashed red potatoes (skin on)
FAT: butter flown in from Thomas Keller's French Laundry
DRINK: a really weighty Cabernet to cut through the swine and goose liver.

Any takers?

LOVE
ALEX

4 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Blogger Matt White said...

DUDE!! i'm so there! please please please please please!

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Alex! ... Simply reading this was a E-feast in itself )))) xoxo Carol

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger robyn said...

If I lived at your house, I'd probably be attacked by chub as much as I am when I live at my parents's house.


So, do you have an extra room?

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how's about february 16th? i just happen to be living on your couch that night.
-ellen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home