Monday, January 09, 2006

The price of stamps goes up...

Do you have a bunch of 37 cent stamps sitting around?
Better get around to buying some 2 cent stamps!
The cost of sending a 1oz letter in the U.S. just went up to 39 cents!
Why can't the Post Office have their price increases yield nicer looking numbers?
Honestly, 40 or 50 cents would be fine with me. Especially if it meant a longer delay before the next price increase.
This is gonna have such little effect on my life that I'm not even sure why I'm writing about it. I just had no idea these price increases were coming. The 39 cent stamp thing isn't gonna throw me into financial hardship, but just wanted to make the readers of this blog aware, in case they are as unaware as I am of such boring news. - Eric

P.S. My ipod came. It is now plugged into my Bose ipod dock at my cubicle desk. Now listening to "Strange Little Girl" by the Stranglers. I like listening to music at work sans headphones. How long will this last before someone puts in a formal complaint (comments-on-coworkers-suggestion-box) or they move me into an office (read: storage closet) that keeps my co-workers shielded/safe from getting tortured by the incredibly huge 51 track "The Association Anthology: Just the Right Sound". I've been listening to it a lot lately. "Never My Love" is great, but the fantastic "Windy" is easily capable of driving people insane.

3 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I went to visit my sis at Cornell one year, I met one of her friends. My sister's friend's mom, who is not a professional songwriter and was not in the Association, wrote "Windy." Weird, huh?

Mat

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger alex or eric said...

More than weird. That's awesome! Ruthann Friedman kicked some butt with that song. Apparently she has an old record of hers coming out on CD - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CSULWW/qid=1137091579/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl15/102-1541444-4204939?n=507846&s=music&v=glance

- Eric

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...glad to kno9w you met my daughter Liz at Cornell...but I must correct you. I was and am a songwriter and do have my Warner Brother Reprise album being rereleased on February 21st...Thanks for the oportunity to set the record (no pun intended) straight..LOL
Ruthann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home