Tuesday, January 10, 2006

HOLDEN CAULFIELD = I'M NOT TAKING THIS CLASS

Thanks to BJ for that bit of humor. See, last night, I attended my writing class and much to my and BJ's disappointment, it was chock-full of sycophantic knuckleheads that were not in our section from last semester. I think the three other guys who were in my class last Fall and had to suffer alongside BJ and I last night probably harbor similarly negative sentiments viz. the unfunny dorks. Lots of old and tired and gag-inducing red state blue state jokes. Lawd I can't stand those jokes anymore. Then this one guy was stupid enough to mention Holden Caulfield and tell us how he modeled his protagonist after him. That was BAD. What was worse was the nods of approval he received from his fellow morons. Holden Caulfield? HOLDEN CAULFIELD! First off, that book is wack. I tried reading it after college and lawd was it shit. Second, Holden Caulfield is wack. WHAT A LOSER. 13 year olds can empathize with H.C. because all 13 year olds are losers but man oh man if you think there's still any sort of affinity between you and the catcher in the rye when you're in your mid 20s, then you are a bigger loser than you were at 13! So basically, there are a bunch of schmos in this writing class who don't read books and are not funny and if you don't read and ain't funny, then you deserve to eat ass that's just loosed logs.

On a positive note, KVondy and I caught BREAKFAST ON PLUTO. Really excellent and that Cillian Murphy! I wish there were subtitles in some scenes, especially those with Brendan Gleeson. His Irish brogue is unintelligible. But the film is so well directed that it didn't really bother me that much in the end.

LOVE
ALEX

2 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger robyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger robyn said...

Maybe he means his character is going to have a non-stop inner monologue about how phony everyone else is. C'mon, that's worth sticking to hear, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home