Wednesday, February 08, 2006

THE THUMB

It's amazing how infantalizing it is when your thumb's out of commission as my left one's been since the trip up to Mammoth. After a week of not doing anything about the chubby, I decided---w/ encouragement from KV et al.---to go to Health Services and get it checked out. The x-rays were negative thankfully. Just a bad sprain. The clinician wrapped my hand with an Ace bandage. I took it off that night and haven't been able to wrap it the same way since. Everything is made difficult without a thumb. Like unscrewing the cap of a large ass bottle of olive oil. Like clicking in a seatbelt. Like writing notes in class (though for me, it's not a big deal as my handwriting's weak). Like scrubbing your scalp good.

What it doesn't ruin is the pleasure of eating jerk pork with a good friend at Cha Cha Cha.

LOVE
ALEX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home