Wednesday, March 15, 2006

As Dr. Mike said...

Doctor Mike (now retired apparently) is the guy at Astor Place who cut our hair (A-Ross, M-Fish, etc.) in college. One of his catch-phrases was "always hook you up, never hook you down". Also, at the end of haircuts, he'd lift up the barber gown or whatever the blanket you wear that catches your hair is called, and announce loudly, "Ladies and gentlemen, the king is back!". Anyway, I was in Vegas for the past 3 days for Showest. I had an awesome time. Someone important (read: very important) thanked me for something I did (part of my job), and I responded with "No problem man, I 'always hook you up. Never hook you down'." It doesn't sound as cool when I say it, and elicited more akward confusion than needs to be discussed.

Showest was great. The fact that I'm getting paid for the trip to Vegas is greater. Going to sleep tonight after blowing it out last night on the dancefloor: that's gonna be the greatest. I came straight to the office from LAX, and am ready to crash. Your dancefloor hero, Nuggets

1 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

wait, you went all the way downtown for haircuts? i wish you could've seen the haircut my friend seth got on 125th street for the dubious distinction of being the first white boy the barber had ever taken scissors to. or whatever you guys use to cut hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home