Thursday, March 23, 2006

THAI CHILIES

The other night E and I went to dinner at our favorite Thai spot, Ruen Pair. We ordered some dishes I thought needed some complimentary heat. I asked the waitress if she could bring a thing of chilies in vinegar. Instead, she brought me a tiny colorful plate of chopped raw thai chilies, each slice no more than a mm thick and 2 mm in diameter. To test the heat, I first shoveled a fistful of pad see ew into my maw and then fingered a slice of thai chili and threw it in with the noodles. Thai chilies bring some kinda heat! I continued to consume them fully knowing I'd be paying for it the next day.
Yesterday, I paid for it. Burgle burgle burgle. That's the sound your guts make telling you it's time to give back to the world what you ate the night before. Spicy goin in, spicy going...

Last night, a couple of friends and I caught Claire Denis' THE INTRUDER. A dense experimental work, it is a wondrous reminder of why we call the movies motion pictures.

LOVE
ALEX

1 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger alex or eric said...

Glad you enjoyed it. Closed out my last night in NYC there with a couple of friends. Still raving about the gnudi and the beet salad with smoked trout. Also got the pork belly which was even better than I remembered it. And the bartender is great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home