Friday, March 24, 2006

The big news this week for me...


The reunion of Os Mutantes. They're playing NY & LA in July. I just bought 4 tix to go see the 7/23 Show at the Hollywood Bowl with The Flaming Lips & Thievery Corporation. I haven't been this excited for a concert in a long time. I love their album, Tecnicolor and most stuff on Mutantes as well. Along with Caetano Veloso (Alegria, Alegria on his 1967 album is possibly my favorite song of all-time), these guys were responsible for Tropicalia (and all the excellent Tropicalia compilations sitting in your local record store, waiting for you to purchase them. For 4 tickets, I paid close to 50 dollars in Ticketmaster charges. I may hate Ticketmaster, but, you know, my love for Os Mutantes is something much much greater. Really can't express how excited I am. Paul and I sing each other the "gra-gra-gra" opening of Panis-Et-Circenses to each other as a secret code sometimes. (The proper response is "zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom") The only sad part is Rita Lee won't be a part of it. I'd pay whatever the cost to just to sit in a room and hear her sing "Baby". - Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home