Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Left My Heart in Lockhart, TX....

This is Eric.
A week ago, I returned from Austin Texas. Smitty's Market cooks meat real good. Definitely one of the top ten places in the country to clog your arteries. The brisket was epic. P-Getz, Jorge, J-Blue and I ate next to cowboys. An amazing 23 hours in Texas. We went swimming at 5 in the morning in a condominium complex's pool. Also, epic. This Nightswimming was like the R.E.M. song, but with backflips, commando maneuvers, and um, pumpkin filled empanadas. Jorge is now an attorney. Great to see everyone. Drinks that arrive aflame were the norm.

Lost my voice, so sounded like Johnny Cash for two days last week. Bosses at the temp job are convinced I'm an intense party guy now. This past weekend has me convinced I am.

Last week was intense at the temp job. I like it, but it was pretty hectic.

This past weekend was amazing.
Friday Night: G-D said to keep the sabbath holy. I one-upped the Lord, and kept the sabbath rocking! Dinner was delicious. Then, I joined J Matty J and Dr. Smith for a JMattyJ Birthday Shindig. Lotsa goofy talk. Drove home at 2. Woke up at 7 to let in the workers to fix our ceiling (they found a beehive in the process, which made them happy 'cause it meant free honey). So it's Saturday, there are workers at the house. I go out for brunch with Alex, his brother +2. One of the 2 hails from Cincy, OH. I immediately imagine setting her up with The Amazing Rosenberg, but then get distracted by the magic of one helluva breakfast burrito. Most of the day, the workers are blocking my car in the driveway, which leads to a long walk to the library, where I pee and read Popular Mechanics (not at the same time). Walk over to the bank, deposit a check, and then as a pre-dinner snack, I go to a nearby taco shack (Casa Diaz on Hollywood) where I have a decent al pastor taco. I walk home, the workers are talking honey with alex. That night is awesome. 2 movies. And then a japanese after-hours place with Neighbor Mat, A-Hermz, and K-Shoef. We drop a passcode of sorts and go in. Lo and behold, we're allowed into the Koreatown version of the Mos Eisley Cantina. Gangsters, businessmen, and a cast of characters that look like they belong in this sort of place. We do not belong, but the service is friendly, and we drink sapporo, and eat edamame and shumai. So at

Sunday: 5 am, I get home. 11am wake-up call from Alex. We need a grill. People are coming for bbq. I wake up, drive over to home depot, pick up a 90 dollar Weber charcoal. (When I'm a big exec, I'll get a gas grill). In any case, Alex had tons of classmates over for meat and beer. 3pm-1am was how long it went. I drank too much, and ended up dancing to the awesome music. Some new M.C. Nuggets fans were born. Man, my street team keeps growing. I felt like a superstar, and fell asleep.

Monday Morning: I wake up, call H-Felds. We meet for brunch and car shopping. (She's just moved to L.A. We look at Jettas and Accords: The Accord with a V6 turns out to be pretty quick, 'though it doesn't stand out like, let's say, a purple Delorean would). If you're ever in Glendale, I recommend the Honda dealership. Our salesman was Gary and he's the kinda guy you should buy a car from. I endorse him. I also liked the Filipino Elvis impersonator who sells Hondas. (He laughs a lot and keeps repeating "Thank You Very Much" over and over. I still think the Elvis at Palms in Thai Town is my hero, but this Elvis was pretty great). Monday Night, me and the brothers chung went out for thai food at Ruen Pair. My fav so far of all Thai places I've tried. A sidenote: I walked into Sapp Coffee Shop with H-Felds (a C rating for cleanliness) and it smelled like urine inside; pretty intense and overwhelming. The C rating should be enough to stop me, but has anyone eaten here? Does it usually smell that way? It was pretty gross.

Back to work, Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home