Tuesday, May 31, 2005

JOB NUMBER DEUX

By the end of the summer, I hope to be employed by as many catering companies as possible. Over the weekend, I got hired by a pretty huge catering company based in downtown LA---the flagship restaurant is in the Disney Concert Hall---and I've got 3 gigs lined up this week already. It pays better than my 1st catering job and I get to wear what is the ugliest thing in the world: a beige polyster Nehru jacketw/ beige cloth buttons. It's really ugly guys really ugly like early 90s factory outlet Versace ugly.

Threw a small BBQ over the weekend. Eric and I had the darndest time deciding what kind of grill to get: gas or charcoal. Gas is great b/c there's little cleaning involved so you can grill anytime you want which is what I planned on doing this summer. The downside is that it's crazy expensive and generally ginormous and if you've seen our top balcony, it's more long than wide so a fat grill might be an awkward manuever. Charcoal is great b/c it's cheap and makes the food taste, I don't know, grillier. The downside: it's a bye-otch to clean up and as TJ and ELane and BJ found out over the weekend, it can also be pretty freaking dangerous especially if you've had more than your fill of drink. How dem eyebrows boys? So yeah we got the charcoal. Tasted great and the clean-up wasn't too bad actually so there's a good chance I'll be grilling often this summer, a huge ass fork in one hand and a dick and two balls in the other (that would be my own dick and two balls thank you very much!).

The BBQ got going @ 3 and I thought it was gonna end like @ 8 after what I called the "watermelon slash grilled peaches course." But that was stupid of me to think that. Maybe Eric and I are good at hosting b/c the boozing kept going well into the night so much so that it should've turned into a sleepover but drink makes one foolish so many people ended driving home after a ridiculously specific and long conversation about Star Wars. I should've been maybe a little more forceful especially w/ my buddy KPalllllleg (brother can't pronounce his own last name!) but he made it home all right and didn't kill anyone on the way back. That's the thing about LA: everyone drives home like that and it is STUPID AS A MOTHERFUCKER. Next time people get drunk like that, I'm gonna titty-twist their asses into submission and make them stay the night. Besides, there's room for all of you lovely people at the Hotel Los Feliz. (well sort of)

LOVE
ALEX

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger robyn said...

yeah, next time i'm there i'm totally crashing in your bed. with kat. and three or four others.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home