Tuesday, May 17, 2005

CATER/WAITER

It's been a whirlwind past couple of weeks and my body just said hey no more. But after a great weekend w/ K & K and a fourth and I hope final go around with trying to kick the habit, I'm close to being my old self. Yesterday, BNass, KPalle, and I went in to a cater/waiter staffing agency for a group interview w/ about 25 other folks, most of whom were surprisingly old. We three sat together in the back and tried to fill out the application and examination without totally shittin' our drawers.
Q. What is a chaffing dish?
Q. What is a 200 tray?
Q. Do you place an entry to the left or right of the patron?
We didn't the know answers to, I'd say, 90% of the non-alcohol-identification questions. We all filled the test in the same way but not like the test results mattered because when we went in for one-on-one interviews, the interviewer took one look at us, saw that we weren't bums, and invited us back Wednesday for another round. Apparently this agency caters a lot of studio parties and film premieres etc. so my hope for this blog this summer is that it turns into a gossipy-overheard-in-LA rag.
I thought about other jobs I might want to get over the summer, nothing appealed to me as much as cater/waitering did. The pay's ok and the hours are flexible which should allow me plenty of time to finish hopefully 2 scripts: one personal one and one all-time-best horror one. Also, as I told them and WInnesVII afterwards at El Coyote where we except KPalle (POUSSEZ!) got loaded on very tasty margaritas, a big part of the cater/waitering thing for me is to see how the other side lives, to see if that's something I want to have for myself down the line.
LOVE
ALEX
P.S. Actually after KOI last Friday, we went to the Parlour Club where our hands were stamped by a dwarf and the music DJ'd by Vaginal Davis, an ENORMOUS BLACK DRAGQUEEN. Smog Cutter---Sunshine slapped my ass for no apparent reason---was Saturday night after a terribly wonderful and lusty evening at the Hollywood Forever cemetery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home