Monday, April 25, 2005

Rocking the Pesach! Holding Afikomen for Ransom!

Eric writes:
Greetings from my hometown. Been in Connecticut for a couple of days. A superb trip. Full report to come. Heading off now for a few hours of reckless adventure in Manhattan, and then back to L.A.- Eric

P.S. Funniest moment of the weekend was my sister, L, telling me about her 8th grade Spanish class, where they frequently show videos. (Me, I think videos and field trips are usually wastes of time; then again, most of my best memories of school are of field trips and making fun of the videos in health class). L told me that they showed a video about workers in Mexico who kill sea turtles (you see one get shot in the head) and then cut out the insides of the shell, before turning the turtle shells into tables. I can't imagine a classroom full of kids watching this. Bet they're all emotinally scarred now and will never be able to sit down and enjoy a seaturtleburger. (Has anyone ever seen one of these tables?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home