Thursday, April 28, 2005

Smog Cuttin', Dumpling Devourin', Silly Singin' & More!!!

Eric writes:

Dear Diary,
Yesterday was Alex's birthday. A-Ross, M-Lawrs, J-Man, Neighbor Mat, Alex and I headed for a pre-fiesta dinner that involved noodles, dumpings, crispy bird, various sauces and a dessert on fire. Then stage 2: Karaoke at the Smog Cutter. I decided to be the first karaoke singer. Being designated driver and whatnot, I was cowardly and couldn't even sing my song. What I could sing came out horrible. Luckily the bar was empty. Next time, I'm getting some drinks and someone else is being the safe driver, 'cause maybe if I was brave, I could rock the stage. Neighbor Matt is a gifted karaoke performer. When I say that, I mean, he is an ass-shakin' tornado of song and bravado. Classmates of Alex's showed up en masse. Lotsa fun. Some dude we didn't know showed up and sang the shittiest songs ever. It was kinda amusing; by kinda, i mean not at all. terrible soft 70's pop tunes that nobody should have to hear more than one of in a day. I got tired and headed home around 1, even 'though the party was still jumping. Hopefully Alex got a ride, and if not, hopefully he's still at the Smog Cutter and the festivities are going strong, 18 hours later... -Eric

P.S. My current temp job is on a studio lot. Two thumbs up. Enjoying myself in movieland immensely. Have not told people at the office yet that I'm a rap superstar in some (admittedly small) circles. This is probably a wise course of action.

3 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric: what temp agency are you at? Are they good? Here are some things I am good at: napping, flower arrangement, coining puns, placing the food on my plate in color spectrum order, knitting, buying deodorant, being socially awkward, lasagna, making lists. Do they have any temp jobs in any of these fields?

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

April 27th? Seems to be a popular day. Happy Bday!

 
At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ride the snake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home