Friday, April 29, 2005

RAW EGG

Last night, I cooked a little late night dinner for Eric and Matt. My mom would've but she was asleep. It was a simple dish: penne, peas, sundried tomatoes, chunks of parmesan reggiano, and a lot of turkey green chili sausage. I love how the peas get inside the penne. Anyway, I threw all the ingredients into a pot and stirred but I needed something to bind them. I usually go w/ some butter and grated cheese but I thought what the hell, I'll just throw in a RAW EGG and see what happens. I also thought the pot and the ingredients were still hot enough to cook the EGG, just to be on the safe side. So I crack a RAW EGG into the pot and stir hoping to get the EGG---at least the white part b/c raw white is gross--- cooked but as I stirred and stirred the EGG didn't so much cook as it did lose its elasticity and sort of disappear. Uh-Oh. The EGG did its job: the ingredients binded beautifully. But when I told Matt and Eric what I used to bind the ingredients, Matt freaked a little while Eric gave me a priceless "you've got to be kidding me, asshole" look. We all finished the meal anyway and it was good.

Smog Cutter was a ton of fun. Apologies to those who played pool: I didn't mean to rest my balls on the table every opportunity I had, just every once and a while.

LOVE
ALEX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home