Tuesday, May 10, 2005

P.S. I'm awesome!

File that under "good ways to end a letter"

Eric here. The temp job on the studio lot will go on until Memorial Day, and possibly become permanent if my supervisors can arrange it. Which I'd like....

Things are well. H-Felds was in town last week. Another friend moving to L.A. Alex and I played good hosts. I knew H-Felds somewhat from the college days (yes, that's me turning 27 in August. Yikes!), but it was great to have her. Even without the greatness of her taking us for a day at Disneyland and a dinner at AOC, she was helluva guest.

Poker on Friday was good. Pizza in L.A., still not good.

Sunday I saw end of semester USC 508 projects. Alex produced one for Mo-T, which came out really well, and was one of the three audience favs. Ray, the star of the project, Show of Shows, was in attendance and looked to be having a rockin' time. I liked seeing how ambitious some of these projects were. In awe of the magic J-Innes created (with the crisp cinematographic stylings of R-Marsh) for his majestic musical on a hill. Beej and Chase weren't fooling around either. The music combined with their cuts made for some stellar storytelling. B-Nas shot/produced a film which looked great and told my kinda story, morality not being a constant and that being okay. Also made me scared of ever having to live on Hollywood Blvd. But I guess it's working for a whole bunch of Star Wars fans these days. D & TJ had a french new wave jarmushian little ditty that paid homage to Bresson in a comedy. I respect that. I liked a lot of what I saw, And although there were misfires, come on, movie making is tough. Hard to remember them all now. S-Hag, who I'd never met, made on that seemed like a D. Lynchian version of "Flowers In The Attic". The parents were pitch-perfect, and the girl actor in it kicked much ass. Every 508 director got to give a thank-you speech after their film. Some of these speeches went on too long, but there was no red light or orchestra to speed people up in their speeches. I'm a whiner. They should be able to thank their cast and crew but at points, it was ridiculous. I probably spent a good 45 minutes on Sunday just applauding. There were more films, but I'm pretty tired as it's 11:45 and I'm getting up at 6.

You know my name; Look up my number, Eric

3 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger SHL said...

fugg. I am so jealous. I am so pissed that I couldnt go. Through you Eric, I live.
Unroll the red carpet of summer.

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout out eric, you and alex set the bar high for a good time in LA!

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Thank you for this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home