Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A last hurrah for the supergeeks...

Eric writes:
Dinner with M-Smith and JMattyJ at Terried on Santa Monica tonight. I was, as is the norm, too cowardly to try the chicken heart yakitori. Those guys had me laughing really hard. I was sort of tired and out-of-it, but it was good to see them. We went on a fun walk afterwards. The drive home took awhile. So much traffic on sunset. Why? 'Cause Star Wars folks are all over the Arclight, and the media was there to capture the silliness, There was even a little shitty car parked out front with an R2D2 built into the trunk. Lots of brown cloaks and lightsabers throughout Hollywood (and I'm guessing the world) tonight. There's a line at the theater by my house (which doesn't pre-sell tix) that's got plenty of pale guys who've put away childish things for the night to make room for The PG-13'd Star Wars 3 : Better than the Last 2, Not as good as the Next 3, or whatever the title is. I don't like calling Episode 4, Episode 4. I prefer just to call it "Star Wars"...
I stop at the grocery store to get shampoo. Who walks into the supermarket? 4 Jedi's, obviously getting snacks before heading back to their place in line outside the Vista. People should dress up as Jedi's regularly.
Once home, I went into my bathroom to put away the shampoo and surprise! The ceiling is falling apart. Not amused. There's been a light drip for a week or so sometimes, but something obviously happened in the bathroom 'cause my ceiling is caving in. Hopefully they can come fix it tomorrow.
Work is going well. Boss asked me today if they had a job for me, would I stay? I told him yes.
Haven't seen "Sith" yet, but full-on ready to get my force on, Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home