Tuesday, May 24, 2005

CATER/WAITER DEUX

Worked at Warner Brothers this afternoon. A lunch for international buyers, i.e. Euros and Yellows who check out what the TV division has to offer, pick what they like, and then make arrangements for distribution rights. BNasser worked the gig as well so time flew and I had more fun than I should've. I still need to use both hands when I run/bus ovals of plates, but I should be a one-handed stallion come Thursday. We joked, whined, made stupid faces across the banquet hall (like this one: :-) (I just learned how to make that face using the keys on my keyboard!)), and ate before we were supposed to. Entree: Chilean sea bass w/ a red curry sauce; steamed baby carrots; fried plaintains; coconut rice. Dessert: "Louis Vuitton" chocolate cake (Some chick actually said that to Brooke! What the hell does calling food "Louis Vuitton" mean exactly? Like Tom Wolfe, I know shit about shit today, but I've never heard food described as being "Louis Vuitton.")
Imagine:
Q.
A. That shit's Louis Vuitton yo!
Q.
A. Fucking Louis Vuitton! Louis Vuitton!
Q.
A. Like I said, shit's Louis Vuitton!
Q.
Q.
A. Whatever! Shit's Louis Vuitton! I'm through talking to you! Stupid!

I recognized a few faces from my first gig but I didn't say hi to them: I was too busy chatting it up w/ Brooke --- her table failed to show up so her crew basically stood for an hour and watched butter lettuce wilt --- and the people on my team (actors naturally). And of course, it finally happened: some screenwriter/actor guy wanted me to read his shit and collaborate! And no, it wasn't like "I've written a feature. I'd like you to check it out if you got time." It was more like, "So listen man, I've written A SHORT SCRIPT and money's tight you know but you know, that's life right? So you know, hit me up with your email dude?" I wanted to laugh. A SHORT SCRIPT? Who the hell pushes A SHORT SCRIPT? Come on, that's just silly. I might consider reading a feature, but no way will a total stranger get me to read A SHORT SCRIPT. Fuck, man, get with it! SHORT SCRIPT! I thought that was common sense in Tinseltown: shorts are for students and kids; features are for the big boys. If he's going around trying to collaborate on A SHORT SCRIPT, he's gonna be in for a world of hurt.

After the gig, Brooke and I played a grueling, at times downright nasty 3-set tennis match. There was a little shit talk (like literally, talk about shit), but not that much: we were both focused on kicking the other's ass. And you know what? I WHOOPED HER ASS!!! YEAH!!! I WHOOPED IT REAL GOOD!!! Joking aside, it felt great to beat on Brooke's ass.

LOVE
ALEX

3 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger SHL said...

you make me giggle while I reconstitute IV antibiotics.
Thank you for your good will and shit talk.
PS: Saw your mama at the gym the other day. She's so fat, when she wears a Malcolm X cap, a ghettobird tries to land on her.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger robyn said...

please tell me you actually casually cuss like this when cater/waitering.

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Gina said...

they have louis vuitton chocolates at some swanky hotel in london! i learned this yesterday while watching vh1's the fabulous life: london and became equally perplexed. and yeah those oval trays are frightening. i'm up to carrying them one-handed for brief periods, but carrying something else in the other hand at the same time is a bridge i'm just not ready to cross.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home