Thursday, March 03, 2005

Thursday and I part ways... Plus, I hear an AMAZING song on the radio (gruff rhys)

'ric 'rites,
First off, gonna re-post some of the songs in an easier way for people to listen to... Sorry about this... Ignore the 3 or so posts that'll be above this... It's just gonna make things easier, I'm hoping...
Out late last night. Ran into N-Luv at Barney's Beanery which is not my kinda bar, despite getting to hang with amazing people while I was there. ((For those keeping score, my kinda bar is one which comes in a mini-bar in one's hotel room. (Yes, I do think I'll help myself to a tiny bottle of Grand Marnier and some old-tasting trail-mix. Thanks mini-bar. Just what I needed to put me to sleep / confuse my stomach))
Met up with a new friend, M, and some of her friends, all of whom were very nice. I made a lot of jokes, many of which were not so funny. M is going to help me out with finding music for "Paralegal" which is gonna need music once it's edited together. There was Karaoke. M worked some magic on Ms. Spears's "Toxic" which had people cheering.
It was then that I ran into N-Luv who was there with a tableful of people, who were all in let's-party-like-it's-New-Year's-Eve mode. Not wanting to take a taxi home and knowing I had a 9am interview today (which went really well, thanks for asking) I had a beer and enjoyed their revelry as a spectator. N-Luv tried to convince me at 1am to jump into a car and head to the 4 Seasons in Beverly Hills, but I was trying to wrap my night up, so took a rain check on taking the city by storm...
Went back to M and her friends. M said my big earlobes mean that I'll have good fortune for the rest of my life. And to think, all this time, I've been seeking advice on the future by breaking open cookies after dim sum.
I got home very late and woke up at 6, so I could drive to my interview early (I get places early most of the time) and miss traffic. Ended up in Beverly Hills by 7:15 for my 9am interview. I went to a coffeeshop and had a bagel and cream cheese. Then I walked around Rodeo Drive before any of the stores were open. Got to the interview and the woman was very nice. She's going to send me on interviews with actual companies next week, so I'm jazzed about that.

Driving home, I turned on the radio. At 10:17, KCRW played a song that I gathered might be from the solo album from the lead singer of the Super Furry Animals, that sounded like a chant not in english. But if it was in English, the lyric was "pull it back through". Anyway, I hope I find this song. It rocked. Favorite song I've heard in a long time... Gonna have to go to morning becomes eclectic website and see if I can figure this out... UPDATE: I FIGURED OUT THE SONG. It is off the Gruff Rhys album - Yr Atal Genheadlaeth. Nothing I like better than some fun Welsh Rock. I can't wait to buy this album or at least the song if it's on itunes. Here's a clip of the song... Gwn Mi Wn

-Eric

P.S. No joke. P-Diddy speaks the truth. The article's best quote from P. Diddy in regards to his making-a-band-upcoming-tv-show is: "“I don’t think no human being has been able to just figure out the woman. As complicated as I’m explaining it to you, that’s how it is. It’s a big undertaking to move 19 young ladies under one roof, and it sets the tone for some good TV ... having their monthly cycle coming together, and emotions and moodiness and competitiveness.” Um, I'd love to see the full transcript of the interview that yielded such insight into why the show that offers contestants a slight chance of fame can so easily devolve into Catfight, USA!!!

2 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't KCRW great. I work there. And like your blog. Good man- the Spanish song es muy chistoso.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger alex or eric said...

Dear Anonymous,
KCRW is wonderful. L.A. is definitely a great music city and it's nice that there's an accompanying alternative ( read non-mainstream, non-disposable) music radio presence here. NYC is pretty devoid of good pop/rock radio. I mean, I love Oldies/classic rock format stations as much as any white boy from Fairfield County but there's such stellar music being made right now and it's fantastic to be able to hear it on a daily basis. Thanks for reading (and for the kindness re: my attempt at rapping in spanish), Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home