Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Bustin' Makes Me Feel Good!

Friendly Eric reporting for Channel Omega News,

First off, new beck shirts available at: KUNG FU NATION.... These are shirts with images from "Guero", the upcoming album... Perhaps this is early merchandise for an upcoming tour?

More important, last night was karaoke night, thus the quote up above from the theme song to "Ghostbusters". More on karaoke night later... So I have two job interviews over the next two days... The number of interviews has picked up, which makes me feel almost as good as Ray Parker Jr. feels when he busts...

Last night, M-Lawrs was in a very very funny sketch comedy show, which left me feeling very inspired. Once I have a job and some money, I'm totally gonna take an improv class and an acting class. Alex guffawed over a Tom Cruise impersonation. So did I. 'Twas amazing. Afterwards, Abby a friend of ours / former co-crewmember on "Somewhere in India" was in town. Abby and Dana were visiting L.A. for Oscar celebrations so we took them for a drink at the Bigfoot Lodge. It being Monday, was karaoke night... None of us sang. I was tempted to sing two songs. The first: "Brandy" by Looking Glass is one of those songs I always loved in middle school, and my dad looked at me in disbelief when I told him what a great song it was/is. I know all the words. Really. Try me sometime. My life, my love and the lady is the sea. I hear you, Looking Glass. Alright, my 2nd choice was "N.I.B." by Black Sabbath. This was a song my high school band (Tito, Seesaw & The Executioner) covered and actually didn't suck at. For this song, I also know all the words. I started singing it at the booth we were seated at, and seeing everyone's reaction on their faces, I immediately stopped singing. There's a time for Sabbath and that obviously wasn't the time. (Freaks and Geeks has a great Black Sabbath / Jewish Sabbath joke but I can't remember it right now.)

Transferred all my old screenplays to the new computer. Now I have no excuse for not finishing "Sidekick" and "Looking for 88". Not even blog responsibilities are gonna stop me from finishing these scripts. Driving for a lunch today with J, I came up with a new hip-hop song to record. It's tentatively titled, "Royal Royal Crown Crown (Crunk in Connecticut!) and I'll be sure to post an mp3 as soon it's done.

P.S. Yes. Another song. Sadly, not funny M.C. Nuggets rhymes but instead whiny-me sounding like a weak voiced pale imitator of Daniel Johnston: They can't all be hip hop anthems by M.C. Nuggets...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home