Monday, February 28, 2005

Weekend (and a song)

Alright fans of Eric,
My memory is going. I can't remember much of anything these days.
I spent Friday rapping into my computer making a song called "Let's Get Ridiculous". I'll post the mp3 as soon as I am in a sharing mood. It's not so-much a hip-hop song as whimsical rhymes over a prefabricated beat... Garageband is a really fun program and although I'm no musician, silly songs are coming out of my computer... silly songs that i love...
On Friday Night, Alex radioed in to tell me that his classmates were down the street at the Good Luck bar. I put on my new ipod and walked (i know, walked. in l.a. ridiculous, huh?) to the bar. I know the name's of about a quarter of alex's classmates, so i just smile and nod to the ones i don't know. anyway, i started telling b-nas about my day and how i was rocking out to the song i made, which she then listened to on my ipod. it made her laugh, then katie listened to it. She laughed and enjoyed too. B-nas insisted I was ripping off the "brown guy's act" but that i was better. After the initial confusion, I realized she was making a paul barman reference and not talking about whiteboy appropriation of a black music genre... Anyway, after getting my ego boost and seeing the lovely K-Von, BJ, Mo-T, and Cha-Cha-Chase and others, I ran out of there, jumped into a waiting car and sped away into the los feliz night for some dinner... A-Scards was at the helm... We couldn't find parking near Fred 62, so we drove into Glendale for dinner. Afterwards, she dropped me off at my house... I put on some music and sang/danced/performed for the mirror... Then Alex called. Classmates were all at The Smog Cutter, a nearby bar... I drove over there and it took over 15 minutes to find a parking place. One time driving by, I saw Alex and some classmates outside... I gave them a wave... By the time I went inside I was pretty tired, so just abandoned ship and headed home.

Saturday was a fun day.

Sunday, I slept in. My wake up call from Alex to get brunch sounded good to my ears. We went to Eat Well. We ate well. Later, we went to the gym. At home, we made protein shakes. My job interview today got moved to Wednesday so I've been applying for jobs all morning. Not much else to report, Eric

Alright, I'm in a sharing mood. Here, in its unfinished glory is "Ridiculous": http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3T5EZ64KG4LZS1D6XPF77G3ITS

P.S. More Songs to Come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home