Monday, March 21, 2005

Stitches Out, Sunshine In...

Eric writes:

Thanks to everyone for coming out on Friday night in New York. Had a great time at Wogie's. On Saturday, P-Getz, E-Nolte and I met up at Lombardi's (where I'd already been this trip) for a wonderful lunch. E-Nolte and I went on a walk around SOHO (where people are dressing really stupid these days. Guess the Olsen Twins really are laying the groundwork for the ugliest fashion combos I've seen in awhile. There was a woman who looked very nice, aside from wearing what looked like a dirty multi-colored carpet ripped out of a '70's van.) Anyway, the walk was fun, but the gossip about my old employer in New York was fuckin' incredible. Despite the law firm pulling in what seemed to me to be a huge amount of money per month, there've been big changes. People were let go, salaries were reduced, and all of this, right before Christmas. Ouch. Maybe I left for L.A. at a good time. Anyway, hopefully all my former co-workers are doing okay. E-Nolte is doing great. She's gonna be a kick-ass FBI agent someday soon. Hopefully, she'll take it easy on me when I get busted by the feds in a Crown Royal Whiskey Smuggling Ring. I'll be like, "all i wanted to do was make Royal Royal Crown Crown a household word." and they'll just tell me to tell it to the jury... Anyway, it's all more interesting to me than it is to any of you so I'm keeping it short. E-Nolte insisted on paying for lunch. Thanks E-Noltz. It was great to see you...

Dad took the stitches out yesterday and then drove me to the airport. Flight back was good, and I didn't freak out too much when I looked at the guy next to me in baggage claim and it was Luis Guzman. I love the first half of "Boogie Nights". I've seen Phillip Seymour Hoffman and John C. Reilly in real life, but for some reason, seeing Luis made me so happy. He has an enormous head. I stopped staring, got my baggage and drove home. (I hadn't taken painkillers on the flight so I could drive home without crashing/daydreaming/etc.) I don't know exactly what happened, but the hood of my car loosened when I went over a bump on the 405 near Redondo Beach. I pulled off at an exit that I wouldn't usually pull off at. Not hungry for adventure, I slammed the hood shut, and continued my drive home. It's been raining a lot in L.A. this year, so the sky is blue on sunny days now and the sun isn't choking on smog. For a drive along major freeways, it was quite a pretty drive. Last night, Alex and I had spicy tofu and then joined Greg K. and Mo-T at the Vista to watch The Ring 2. I hadn't seen the first one, and I was asleep for about half the movie. What I saw was dumb and lousy. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. I mean, I love creepy kids and any movie with CGI deer attacks. Just felt bad for the people who worked hard to make a great sequel to what people say is a very good horror flick. Also, bewildered that a major plot point (this might constitute a SPOILER, so don't keep reading if you care about the plot of a movie that should've gone straight to video) involved a mother (Naomi Watts) attempting to drown her son (creepy boy) in a bathtub. Yeah, I know it's related to the ghost in the well and whatnot, but seriously, moms going crazy and drowning their children are scary enough in real life. but then again, Ring 2 is supposed to be scary. All's well. Got a 2nd interview for a job I'm crossing my fingers for. It'd be the best job I've ever had, so here's hoping, Eric

2 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Gina said...

woah, i've had two bumps on my head since college too! they're little so i've never done anything about em, but perhaps i should...then again the prospect of stitches on my head is not so fun. ug. anyway, hope you're bumpless and well.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger alex or eric said...

Gina,
These bumps had grown bigger since college... Last time I got a haircut, they were visible and red... Anyway, it was more the fact that there were red bumps on my pale scalp that made me want to get rid of them. Was sorta sore for a couple of days, but now I'm fine. When all healed, I'm gonna get my first buzzcut in a couple of years. Indeed, bumpless and well, Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home