Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Passion Recut

One late night at the editing suites last week, I met a grad student named Gregg who's a semester ahead of me. He's friends w/ one of my classmates---the most awesome Sourav "Showbiz" Roychoudhury (sp, probably)---and we got to talking and turns out he's a Christian. He invited me to his small group on Monday which was great b/c it's made up of other SC film students, one of whom is also my year, JHarrison. Anyway, the topic of "The Passion" came up and I automatically did on "oh, geez, not this again." Few of the members thought it was great but I kept my mouth shut, not wanting to offend anyone quite yet given that it was the first time meeting them. They were great guys and made me feel pretty comfortable and I'll definitely go again, but what gives w/ some Christians who somehow seem to miss how anti-spiritual and theologically screwed up that film is? And now Mel wants to give us the "Recut" version? Crazy. If you're curious as to why I think that movie does more damage than good, let me know. The Passion Recut: as my friend PCiccone wrote in his email the other day, "This has to be the most ridiculous title ever..."

Sunday was a beautiful day. Cleaned like a hurricane. Later that night, Greg, Eric and I went to eat pupusas, which are El Salvadorian quesadillas essentially. Our friend Manny "discovered" this joint near K-town so we went. All I can say is that if you need to lose weight before your wedding, I highly recommend having some pupusas the night before.

Only three more days of editing hell to go!
LOVE
ALEX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home