Saturday, March 05, 2005

Rock Paper Scissors? Definitely Rock.

Eric's equation: Last night = so much fun.

Fans of A-Ross rejoice. Jordan, Jason, Alex and I drove over to Spaceland to see OK GO rock the stage with their new guitarist, our friend/hero A-Ross. After J,J&A helped me with finding a parking place, we walked over to Spaceland. A-Ross was outside. Hellos, Hugs, and High-Fives were exchanged. We heard stories of adventures on the road. I decided to wear a Nuggets warmup jersey and a "You Got Served" baseball cap. I looked like a dorky derelict, which what I'm aiming for in all my wardrobe choices.

The show was great. I went in not knowing their songs, and came out, having really liked the catchy rock they brought forth. Lots of pretty girls ogling A-Ross throughout. There was a guy holding up his cell-phone, recording "get over it" while singing along at the top of his lungs. The band finished their set, and then came back onstage and began to dismantle the drum set and put away the guitars. The lead singer explained that they were done playing music for the night. Little did we know that OK GO was about to put on a dance machine that made a roomful of jaws drop in awe of the amazing display of choreographed giddiness. Found a movie file of the dance from an earlier show. Here’s a link, for the time being…

So, if you love either/or A-Ross, superfun rock n’ roll, or a dance routine that’ll inspire you to be a happier person, go see OK Go when they come to your neighborhood. Tour dates here:

After the show, we said our goodbyes/congratulations to A-Ross and headed back to whence we came. Jordan, intrigued by the wonder of our aerobed, spent the night at the famous little house on the hill (no, not matnat’s creepy cottage, we’re talking the alexeric ski lodge/crib.) I took a CD that Jordan had made me of instrumental tracks and loaded them onto the computer. Fresh music to sing words over. Nice. Thanks Jordan. I hope to impress you when I work some Nuggets/puppy mills magic over these tracks…

Meeting up with N-Luv at midnight. Excited to see his movie. Tomorrow, Greg K. and I are watching an entire season of "Pimp My Ride". Wish us luck, Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home