Thursday, March 17, 2005

Bumpless : Chapter 2

Eric writes:
I just got back from the doctor. Really nice friend of my Dad who somehow fit me into his schedule at late notice.
First a topical solution which made the bumps go numb. Then came the needle into the scalp delivering
some lidocaine. More numb. From here on out, I couldn't see/feel what was going on with the procedure. I chatted it up with the doctor about skiing, indie rock, and movies. It took a while but eventually he gutted my bumps, put in some stitches, sauterized my scalp closed. He told me that the numbness would wear away and gave me some prescription painkillers. Bumps are being sent to the lab to be analyzed. My guess: Too many dumb rhymes taking place in my head needed to be stored somewhere...
At this point, head is still numb, but I have a feeling I might be pretty sore in a few hours. Dad just took a look and said "that's gonna hurt." I was gonna go into the city tonight but i'll play it by ear (It's 10:18pm as I edit this post. I didn't make it into the city. My generic painkiller has rendered me goofy.) Newly-Smoothscalped Mofo, Eric

P.S. Wall Street Journal today had an article about Physics songs... Here's a link to one of them that I dare you to read in its entirety: Rap about the sun

P.P.S. There were Spring Breakers all over South Beach last Saturday. I said, "it looks like a breeding ground for herpes and regret."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home