Thursday, March 24, 2005

Holed up...

Eric writes:

I've been inside most of today trying to work on 2 things for jobs I'm in the midst of applying for. Doing my best as these 2 jobs would be amazing ways to make a living. So hopeful, Eric

P.S. I've been making mix-CD's for A-Scards to play at work to impress her work friends with my knowledge/taste re:music. So, the long I love most on the most recent mixes is "Farewell Transmission" by Songs:Ohia/Magnolia Electric Co. I highly recommend spending a buck on itunes for it. Can't get enough of this fucking fantastic song. Sounds a little Neil Young. While trying to work on the mixes yesterday, I finally listened to The Wrens, a couple years too late. Their album, "The Meadowlands" is a great album to listen to while reading along to the lyrics. I thought Loudon Wainwright's Last Man On Earth was about as depressing as music about growing old can get. I was wrong. The Wrens album is about growing old, being a failure, and facing up to live a life where you've been defeated. Why is this good to listen to? I don't know. I can tell you, It's not listening to a band whining. The Wrens are laying their cards on the table about the cost of following rock n' roll dreams... check out wrens.com and download some mp3's. Read the lyrics here 'til you weep... check this out:
"I can't type
I can't temp
I'm way past college
no ways out
no back doors not anymore
but then once a while
we'll play a show then that makes it worthwhile
our sights set low"


P.P.S.
picture

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home