Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Assault on my ass!

Saw Assault on Precinct 13 the other night and liked it a whole lot. Probably the most violent film I've seen since Irreversible, which you should only see if you want to vomit a lot in your mouth. Ethan Hawke was great. He's starting to take after Cassavetes which is a good thing though he'll probably never make the sort of movies Cassavetes did. Speaking of which, Eric got the DVD box set so one day at the Hotel, we'll do a Cassavetes marathon.

So my crit. studies class is held in Lucas 108 which has the worst theater seats in the whole wide world. I'm a squirmer by nature so I like a little legroom. I mean who doesn't right? But 108 gives you no legroom. After 4 hours of class, I hobbled out with a majorly sore lowerback, a pinched nerve, crushed testicles, and to top it off, a hip flexor. Theaters should be designed so that the viewer is allowed to melt into the seat and take in whatever's being projected. Examples of well designed theaters: Arclight, Walter Reade, AMC. Lucas 108: sucks sucks sucks! The only consolation was that the sexiest girl in the class sat next to me (unsurprisingly she's French). She even borrowed my pen. Which I fumbled. Intentionally. So we'd touch fingers. I haven't washed my hands since.

Great celebrity sighting today at lunch: Richard Grieco (sp?). I was really tempted to introduce myself and let him know that at the lowest point in my life, I decided to buy his biography which helped me suck it up and realize that people such as himself have had it much worse than I. But, I froze up. Then I laughed inside. Which caused me to vomit sushi back into my mouth. A first.

1 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Blogger E'l Roy said...

I arrived at your blog via the 'Next Blog' button.

If I were to ever go 4-wheelin' with some 'bros', I would be the one left behind. It happened to me while mountainbiking. (Oops. Wrong post.)

Thanks for the laugh.

If only I'd been eating sushi. (Ok, right post.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home