Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Weird

I don't know but seems to me like everyone in LA experiences at least one bad dream a week. I had mine last night and though a whole day's passed I remember enough of it to recount it here.
It takes place in the near future. I'm living in an apartment complex next door to one of my SC classmates. We're friends and she throws a party at her place. I can't remember if Eric and I are still roommates but he's at the party as are a bunch of other familiar faces as well as some unfamiliar ones. Folks drink and this classmate of mine and I get to talking about things that I can't remember but then some random dude butts so I leave them two to talking. Seems like she likes him and he her. CUT TO: the party's over and my friend's roommate knocks on my door and tells me to come over. My friend's in bed crying and I ask what happened and she tells me that the guy tried to rape her. She asks me to do something about it. I say of course and I go after this guy. Then I wake up: my heart's pounding and I'm angry. I wonder what would've happened had I been able to stay inside the dream longer. I don't know what it is about LA, but dreams here are pretty scary compared to those that float above NYC.
This weekend's huge for me: I have my fantasy baseball draft back in NYC. I joined my buddy Albert's league last year and had a blast doing it. I would've placed in the money had I not missed a month due to the move out here. Most of the guys involved are his friends and their friends from college so I don't know them all too well, but we have this message board where everybody posts something ridiculous (mostly about high school crushes and failed sexual conquests and dick/fart jokes) so I sorta feel like we've got enough in common. I'll be in town for about 38 hours so that should give me enough time to: 1) check out the Diane Arbus show at the Met; 2) Thomas Demand show at the MOMA; 3) Lunch w/ moms at Payard; 4) Dinner at BLT Steak; 5) Night out at Pravda.
Oh, and the Mets, the New York Mets, are gonna be unstoppable.
LOVE
ALEX

2 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger robyn said...

that's a frightening dream-- it has so many real elements. though, i do like the part about how you try and do something about what happened. i think that's hopeful.

i've had some ragers this year too. it's been a stressful kind of year, alex. but also, that idea of a dream cache floating about the city: interesting. reminds me of the b.f.g.

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not think so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home